The Adult Learning Center (ALC) considers education to be a basic human right throughout the lifespan of a human being. We work with adults and youth, at least 16 years of age, to improve their academic skills in order to:
- Discover and prepare for a career that is meaningful and financially supportive.
- Obtain a High School Equivalency (GED® or HiSET) and prepare for the college entrance exam (ACT Compass®) via College and Career Readiness Classes (CCRS).
- Communicate fluently in English.
- Develop skills to succeed in the workplace, such as technology, workplace communications, and leadership skills.
- Gain Life Skills to be successful and healthy at school, work, and home.
These academic programs are free of charge. Classes are offered during the days and evening, or via our Distance Education Program. We also have a computer lab for independent work and the help of volunteer tutors to provide one-on-one instruction.